MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications with Drew Falkman
In this course, author Drew Falkman tours four open-source PHP frameworks: Zend, Symfony, CakePHP, and CodeIgniter. The course covers basic framework concepts; explores the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern as a means of simplifying, organizing, and maintaining code; and details the ins and outs of developing basic applications in each of the four frameworks.
- Why use a framework?
- Exploring basic framework concepts
- Comparing Zend, Symfony, CakePHP, and CodeIgniter
- Downloading and installing each framework
- Exploring MVC in each framework
- Creating basic PHP projects